Stencyl has been a mess. The program has been bugging every time I use it and has made this project a lot more complicated than it should have been. The alternative to Stencyl would have been UE4 but I do not know how to use the program enough to develop a game. In Stencyl, I know how to use the codes and make my game work, but I had to keep deleting assets because the program itself is faulty. I made this game to the best of my ability and I hope that is enough.
Diagetic
For a diagetic aspect in my game, the pirate ship takes visible damage when the player takes damage. As the ship gets hit by bombs, the ship catches on fire and starts to fall apart. The ship has 5 lives, so as it takes damage, it cycles through 5 animations. Once the ship is destroyed, the game resets.
Non Diagetic
A non diagetic part of my game is the buttons. To fit in with the pirate theme, the buttons look like pirate flags. The flags are not in the actual game world, but can be interacted with and are relevant to the game.
Spacial
The spacial aspect of my game is the blood overlay. When the player takes damage, fire appears around the side of the screen. I chose fire because the ship is taking damage and there is fire involved.
I tried to upload my game to itch but the closest I could get was a downloadable file on the website. The sound does not work and I have no idea why. I have checked everything, and with the very limited knowledge I have of making video games, I cannot figure it out. I am very happy with my game, but I am unable to upload the version I enjoy.



Comments
Post a Comment